Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 32: Weed Songs

So I was at the all-you-can-eat sushi bar with my buddy Mega Mic, and he says to me something along the lines of the following:
"you know what's funny? you got all these weed tunes, but you don't even smoke weed!"
I think he was referring specifically to "Roll Another One" (off my last album), and "Ganja Fi Legal" (the Jacky Murda track I remixed). But regardless of whether he's talking tunes I've made/released or just tunes I own/play out, he's right: for some reason I love tracks about weed.
So here's a mix of weed anthems. I've probably dropped a dozen or so weed-related tunes throughout previous mixes, so those ones aren't on this one, but it's still pretty packed. You're probably either going to find this the most awesome thing in history, or the most tedious, juvenile yawnfest ever. Or both!

Chrissy's Year of Mixtapes Week 32: Weed Songs.
  1. Snoop Doggy Dogg; Gin & Juice
  2. Cypress Hill; Hits From The Bong
  3. Mr. Vegas; Crack Town
  4. Wayne Marshall & Assassin; Weed Smoke
  5. EQ; Give I Di Herbs
  6. Ziggi; Ganja Smoke In The Air
  7. Cocoa Tea; Weh Di Drugs
  8. Cutty Ranks; Healing Of The Nation
  9. Yellowman; Stay With Me
  10. Marlon Asher; Ganja Farmer
  11. Buju Banton; Sensi
  12. Bone Thugs N Harmony; Weed Man
  13. Freddie Gibbs; Boxframe Cadillac
  14. Wayne Marshall; Purple Skunk
  15. Vybz Kartel; Visa (QV Weaver Riddim Remix)
  16. Chrissy Murderbot f. Hawatha Hurd; Roll Another One (Tremor Dub Refix)
  17. Wayne Marshall; The Whole World
  18. Wayne Marshall; Gan-Ja
  19. DJ Krome & Mr. Time; Ganja Man
  20. Bagga Worries & Jooxie Nice; Legalise (Remarc VIP Mix)
  21. L Double; Sess (Little Rollers Vol. 1)
  22. Jacky Murda f. Ward 21 & Jason Sweetness; Ganja Fi Legal
  23. Carlton Livingston; 100 Weight of Collie Weed
  24. Mungo's Hi-Fi f. Top Cat; Herbalist
  25. Mac Dre; I Need An Eighth
  26. Cutty Ranks; Ganja Pipe
  27. Prince Fatty; Gin & Juice
NEXT WEEK: Post-Disco, Pre-House.

11 comments:

  1. I love all the reggae songs and urs too! but dang that sucks that u don't blaze. cuz i wanted to blaze u out when ever u come to LA. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clearly need to start paying more attention to Jamaican weed-based rewrites of big rap hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOLID. Cannot wait for next week's mix. I have had much recent success preaching your gospel via ecstatic facebook linkage. Quebecois Disco received a particularly slavering response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... Dope ... in all the good senses of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Just found your blog and have been raiding the archives - great stuff here. Any objections if I post this mix in my world? Will give full credit and link you in if that is ok.

    http://themixedupworldofherbalt.blogspot.com/

    Thanks

    Herbal T

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always MB, thank you!!!

    As a constant weed smoker, I [cough] completely approve. [cough]

    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, getting a 404 (and not 420 ;) when trying to download this. The other mixes also yield a download error. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. server maintenance :(
    everything should be back up by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha. Chrissypoo this suits my state of mind.
    I feel 15 again.

    ReplyDelete