A quick word about that latter category:
Regardless of our ethnicity, creed, or background, it is nearly impossible for us heterosexuals to understand the casual cruelty that is inflicted daily on homosexual men and women, not just by strangers but by friends and family, both purposefully and unwittingly. It is a difficult life filled with tough choices, frequent disappointment, and the potential for great loneliness. Of course it's worse in Idaho or Jamaica or Iran than it is in London or San Francisco or Amsterdam, but being born gay and having to deal with the resulting social circumstances is a shitty hand to draw, wherever you're from. Let's use the recent holiday as a reminder to show a little compassion—not just today, and not just to openly gay people, but year-round and to everyone.
Anything less than that would be totally gay.
Chrissy Murderbot's Year of Mixtapes Week 20: HARD GAY.
- Gloria Gaynor; I Am What I Am (Silver Blue Records)
- Green Velvet feat. Jamie Principle; LaLaLaLaLa (Nside My Mind) (Cajual)
- Carl Bean; I Was Born This Way (Chrissy Murderbot Re-Edit) (Motown)
- Ssion; Warm Glove (Sleazetone)
- The Boys Town Gang; Cruisin' The Streets (Moby Dick)
- Man2Man; Sex Symbol (Recca)
- Paul Lekakis; Boom Boom (ZYX Records)
- Glam feat. Pete Burns; Sex Drive (Radikal Records)
- Pet Shop Boys; Can You Forgive Her? (EMI)
- Erasure; Hideaway (Little Louie Vega Remix) (Mute)
- Jamie Principle; Cold World (Steve "Silk" Hurley 12" Mix) (Atlantic)
- Pet Shop Boys; It's A Sin (Ian Levine Mix) (EMI)
- Boytronic; Man In A Uniform (Mercury)
- Bronski Beat; Small Town Boy (Metronome)
- Frankie Knuckles presents Jamie Principle; Bad Boy (Trax)
- Man2Man feat. Man Parrish; Male Stripper (Chrissy Murderbot Re-Edit) (Recca)
- The Village People; Sex Over The Phone (Metronome)
- Le Jeté; La Cage Aux Folles (Megatone)
- Modern Rocketry; Homosexuality (Megatone)
- Chris & Cody; Touch Me I'm Sick (unreleased)